Saturday 17 January 2015

More than definitions

When I look at the title of the subject, 'Integrating Spirituality, Justice and Education' and as I start to think about what I will be exploring in this unit, I am drawn to find out what each of these words mean.

 Spirituality
Justice 
 Education

The quality that involves deep feelings and beliefs of a religious nature, rather than the physical parts of life
("Spirituality," 2015)

Fairness in the way people are dealt with



("Justice," 2015)

The process of teaching or learning, especially in the school or college, or the knowledge that you get from this. 
("Education," 2015)


Although learning how one person might define each of these words can help form a basis from which we can build our understanding, definitions alone can not give us the whole picture. Looking at the meanings of these three concepts above, I understand that they are all very important and vital components to the life of a teacher. However, at this point in time, I know that I need to develop a greater understanding of the concepts and that I will need to explore how they interact with one another to allow for me to be able to impact and transform the lives of my students.


No comments:

Post a Comment